Leave card, Camp King, 1862
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Grenville F. Sparrow (1838-1907), a Portland native, served in the 17th Maine Regiment and was granted a 24-hour leave at Camp King, Cape Elizabeth, in 1862.
The regiment left Maine for Washington, D.C., and Virginia later in August 1862.
- Title: Leave card, Camp King, 1862
- Creation Date: 1862-08-12
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink and pencil on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 5.7 x 8.8
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Grenville Sparrow
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.