Leave card, Camp King, 1862
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Grenville F. Sparrow (1838-1907), a Portland native, served in the 17th Maine Regiment and was granted a 24-hour leave at Camp King, Cape Elizabeth, in 1862.
The regiment left Maine for Washington, D.C., and Virginia later in August 1862.
- Title: Leave card, Camp King, 1862
- Creation Date: 1862-08-12
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink and pencil on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 5.7 x 8.8
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Grenville Sparrow
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.