Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph, taken from the pedestrian bridge that connects Brunswick and Topsham, shows the Androscoggin River and a portion of the Cabot Manufacturing Co. in the background.
One of the anchoring cables of the suspension pedestrian (Swinging) bridge is in the foreground.
About This Item
- Title: Androscoggin River, Brunswick, ca. 1895
- Creator: Barnes, George W.
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 390, Box 4/38
- Collection: Barnes family glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Androscoggin Pedestrian Bridge (Brunswick, Me.)
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)
- Bridge failures--Maine--Brunswick
- Brunswick (Me.)--Floods, 1936
- Cabot Manufacturing Company (Brunswick, Me.)
- Pedestrian bridges--Maine--Brunswick
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.