Footbridge, Brunswick-Topsham, ca. 1895
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The pedestrian suspension bridge on the Androscoggin River between Brunswick and Topsham, often called the Swing Bridge or Swinging Bridge.
The A.J. Roebling Sons Co. of New Jersey built the bridge in 1892.
- Title: Footbridge, Brunswick-Topsham, ca. 1895
- Creator: Barnes, George W.
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Local Name: Topsham Heights
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative
- Dimensions (cm): 12.7 x 21
- Local Code: Coll. 390, Box 4/26
- Collection: Barnes
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.