Footbridge, Brunswick-Topsham, ca. 1895
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The pedestrian suspension bridge on the Androscoggin River between Brunswick and Topsham, often called the Swing Bridge or Swinging Bridge.
The A.J. Roebling Sons Co. of New Jersey built the bridge in 1892.
- Title: Footbridge, Brunswick-Topsham, ca. 1895
- Creator: Barnes, George W.
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Local Name: Topsham Heights
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative
- Dimensions (cm): 12.7 x 21
- Local Code: Coll. 390, Box 4/26
- Collection: Barnes family glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.