Contributed by Pejepscot Historical Society
Looking toward Brunswick and the pedestrian bridge over the Androscoggin River that connects Mill Street in Brunswick and Bridge Street in Topsham.
The suspension bridge was built in 1892 to carry workers from the new Topsham Heights neighborhood to the Cabot Mill in Brunswick.
It often is referred to as the "Swing Bridge," the "Swinging Bridge" or "Le Petit Pont."
About This Item
- Title: Swing Bridge, Brunswick-Topsham, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Topsham Heights
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 65 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: 1989.106.11.h
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot Historical Society
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.