Contributed by Pejepscot Historical Society
The railings and suspension rods cast shadows on the deck of the Androscoggin Pedestrian (Swinging) Bridge between Brunswick and Topsham.
The photograph was taken in 1936 following repairs to the structure that was damaged during spring flooding that year. The bridge was built in 1892 to aid workers living in Topsham to get to the Cabot Manufacturing Co. mill across the river in Brunswick.
The photograph is taken from Brunswick, looking toward the Topsham Heights neighborhood.
About This Item
- Title: Androscoggin River pedestrian bridge, 1936
- Creator: Shulman, Harry
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Local Name: Topsham Heights
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: 1997.237.30
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot Historical Society
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Floods, 1936
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)
- Cabot Manufacturing Company (Brunswick, Me.)
- Androscoggin Pedestrian Bridge (Brunswick, Me.)
- Pedestrian bridges--Maine--Brunswick
- Bridge failures--Maine--Brunswick
- Bridges--Design and construction
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.