Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows several United States Department of Agriculture workers posing for the photo during a potato harvesting operation. These sample potatoes are being put into crates instead of barrels and are being loaded onto a pickup instead of a truck.
The men are Robert Akeley, Joe Akeley, Joe Chase and Don Lockhart.
About This Item
- Title: Harvesting Potatoes at USDA Farm in Chapman, ca. 1955
- Creator: USDA
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Chapman, Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 10.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Agriculture experiment centers--Maine--Chapman
- Potato growers--Maine--Chapman
- United States. Dept. of Agriculture
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.