Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Major James D. Graham, a U.S. topographic engineer working on the Northeast Boundary Survey, presented this map to Alexander W. Longfellow of Portland, a cartographer hired by Graham to work on the survey.
The map was central to resolution of the boundary dispute between the U.S. and Canada.
About This Item
- Title: Northern Maine boundary map, 1843
- Creator: Stone, W. J.
- Creation Date: 1843
- Subject Date: 1843
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper; map
- Local Code: Coll. 185
- Collection: Longfellow family
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Graham, J. D. (James Duncan), 1799-1865
- Longfellow, A.W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1814-1901
- Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps
- United States--Boundaries--Canada--Maps
- Canada--Boundaries--United States--Maps
- Maine--Boundaries--New Brunswick--Maps
- New Brunswick--Boundaries--Maine--Maps
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.