Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John Alfred Poor (1809-1871) was the founder of the Portland Company, a steel fabricating company in Portland that made engines for trains and ships, among other products.
He was a promoter of the Atlantic and St. Lawrence Railroad, continuously working to expand the Maine railroad system.
About This Item
- Title: John Poor, Portland, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph of engraving
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Poor, Coll. 420
- Collection: Fogg, John Samuel Hill autograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.