Kimball House, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1960
Kimball House, Northeast Harbor, Maine. The Kimball House was started by Squire Daniel Kimball in the 1880's after the influx of rusticators. It was owned by the Kimball family until the 1960s when it was sold to the Asti-Kim Corporation, which bought both the Kimball House and Asticou Inn. It was torn down in the mid 1960s. At the time this picture was taken, L.E. Kimball was the President of the hotel, and J.B. Kelley was the Resident Manager.