Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The bow of a Liberty Ship under construction at the South Portland Shipbuilding Corp.'s Eastern Division on Feb. 23, 1943.
The ship was Hull #46.
About This Item
- Title: Bow, Liberty Ship, South Portland, 1943
- Creator: Stanley Dana Corp., Portland
- Creation Date: 1943-03-23
- Subject Date: 1943
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Boat & Ship Building
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Ships--Maine--South Portland
- Liberty ships--Maine--South Portland
- South Portland Shipbuilding Corp. (Me.)
- Construction--Maine--South Portland
- Construction workers--Maine--South Portland
- Scaffolding--Maine--South Portland
- Boat & ship industry--Maine--South Portland
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.