Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Franklin Pierce of New Hampshire wrote to his friend George W. Pierce of Portland to tell him that he had communicated with Jonathan Cilley of Thomaston and that the latter wished to be on good terms with George Pierce.
Cilley, a member of the Bowdoin College Class of 1825 with George Pierce, was Jonathan Cilley, a U.S. Representative from Maine from 1837-1838. Franklin Pierce was a member of the Bowdoin Class of 1824.
About This Item
- Title: Franklin Pierce on Jonathan Cilley, 1835
- Creator: Pierce, Franklin
- Creation Date: 1835-10-02
- Subject Date: 1835
- Town: Hillsborough, Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce Family Collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--Politics and government
- Bowdoin College
- Legislators--United States
- Pierce, George W. (George Washington)--Correspondence
- Pierce, George W. (George Washington)--Friends and associates
- Pierce, Franklin, 1804-1869--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.