Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This airplane is known as the Curtiss HF Flying Boat; a seaplane owned by pilot Harry Jones of Old Orchard Beach. These planes were designed as antisubmarine patrol aircraft and were used in World War I.
Jones operated an airport and flying service at Old Orchard Beach from 1919 to 1933.
About This Item
- Title: Curtiss MF-2, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5.5 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p013_003
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook #3
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Airports--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Curtiss HF flying boats
- Curtiss aircraft
- Jones, Harry M., 1890-1973--Associated objects
- Harry Jones Flying Service (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.