Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Harry Jones and his Sikorsky S-39 on the beach at Old Orchard Beach.
Jones (1890-1973) operated a flying service and airport at Old Orchard from 1919 to 1933. The hard-packed sand at low tide made ideal landing and take-off conditions.
About This Item
- Title: Harry Jones with his Sikorsky S-39
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p013_001
- Collection: Harry Jones' Scrapbook #3
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.