Last town meeting, Deering, 1891
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Deering residents, along with their horses and wagons are gathered at the Deering Town House for the town's last town meeting before it became a city. It became part of Portland in 1899.
The building was formerly the Universalist Meeting House at Stevens Avenue and Brighton.
- Title: Last town meeting, Deering, 1891
- Creator: Chapman, Leonard
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- Local Name: Deering
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative, Photograph
- Local Code: Coll. 424; Photographs -- Portland -- Neighborhoods -- Deering
- Collection: Leonard Chapman Glass Negative
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.