Deane journal of Northeast Boundary Commission, 1838
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John G. Deane (1785-1839), a native of Massachusetts who settled in Ellsworth and worked as a lawyer, was among those sent to the northern areas of Maine to help determine the boundary between Maine and New Brunswick.
Deane kept a journal of his travels.
He also served in the Maine House of Representatives from 1825-1828 and in 1831.
- Title: Deane journal of Northeast Boundary Commission, 1838
- Creator: Deane, John G.
- Creation Date: 1838-09-02 - 1838-11-30
- Subject Date: 1838-09-02 - 1838-11-30
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper, leather binding
- Local Code: Coll. S-6365, Misc. Box 192/2
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.