State Street Church, Portland, ca. 1900
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
State Street Church in Portland after it was renovated by Portland architect John Calvin Stevens.
The wooden tower and spire of the orignal church were removed. Stevens designed the new red freestone façade, which was added in 1892-93.
- Title: State Street Church, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Lamson Studio, Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative, photograph
- Local Code: Coll. 245, Box 5/2
- Collection: Lamson Studio glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.