Capt. John G. Dillingham letter to wife, December 21, 1861
Contributed by Freeport Historical Society
Capt. John G. Dillingham writes from Hamburg, Germany, that he is ready to sail for New York or Bath, ME. He talks about getting home before war breaks out between England and the United States and that the English newspapers are "war like." He tells his wife that he is sending money home.
- Title: Capt. John G. Dillingham letter to wife, December 21, 1861
- Creator: Dillingham, John Griffin
- Creation Date: 1861-12-21
- Subject Date: 1861
- Town: Bath, Freeport, Hamburg, New York
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, NY
- Media: paper
- Local Code: 1861-12-21 JGD to MDD letter
- Collection: Dillingham family papers, Coll 135
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Freeport Historical Society
45 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.