Andersonville Prison, J.B. Walker, lithograph
Contributed by Freeport Historical Society
This lithograph of Andersonville Prison, Georgia, was sketched by John Burns Walker, a Union soldier. 12,877 Union troops died here in a short period of time at the end of the Civil War. Printed by T. Sinclair, Philadelphia, ca. 1864.
- Title: Andersonville Prison, J.B. Walker, lithograph
- Creator: Walker, John Burns
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- Town: Andersonville
- State: GA
- Media: paper
- Local Code: Andersonville Prison, J.B. Walker
- Collection: Dillingham family papers, Coll 135
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Freeport Historical Society
45 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.