Contributed by Freeport Historical Society
This lithograph of Andersonville Prison, Georgia, was sketched by John Burns Walker, a Union soldier. 12,877 Union troops died here in a short period of time at the end of the Civil War. Printed by T. Sinclair, Philadelphia, ca. 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Andersonville Prison, J.B. Walker, lithograph
- Creator: Walker, John Burns
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- Town: Andersonville
- State: GA
- Media: paper
- Local Code: Andersonville Prison, J.B. Walker
- Collection: Dillingham family papers, Coll 135
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Freeport Historical Society
45 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.