Contributed by Maine Forest Service
The old fire lookout tower at Number Nine Mountain.
A wood tower was built at Number Nine in 1914 and replaced with this wood tower a year later. A 36-foot steel tower was built in 1919 and removed in 1993.
W. B. Hussey was assigned to the Number Nine fire lookout in 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Old fire lookout tower, Number Nine Mountain, ca. 1918
- Creation Date: circa 1918
- Subject Date: circa 1918
- Town: TD R2 WELS
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13.5 cm x 8 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--TD R2 WELS
- Fire lookouts--Maine--TD R2 WELS
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Employees
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
- Watchmen--Maine--TD R2 WELS
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Number Nine Mountain (Me.)
- Dwellings--Maine--T5 R1
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.