Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A crowd waves to Donald B. MacMillan and his crew on the ship Bowdoin, bound for Labrador and Baffin Island.
This expedition set up a scientific station at Anetalak Bay and established the MacMillan-Moravian Eskimo School at Nain, Labrador. The Bowdoin returned after 12 months.
About This Item
- Title: Crowd seeing Donald B. MacMillan off, Wiscasset, 1927
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: 1927
- Subject Date: 1927
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm x 10.2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.16209
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.