Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
As early as 1916, CMP set up appliance stores to sell products using electricity. The company operated stores in Augusta, Brunswick, Dexter, Greenville, Rockland, Union as well as other towns.
Salespeople in the stores demonstrated products and "Home Service Advisors" went to people's homes to provide various types of instruction, such as how to bake cakes.
About This Item
- Title: Appliance and electrical store, Central Maine Power Company
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2115, Photographs #176
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.