Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Mellie Dunham of Norway, Maine, is shown in his shop making his famous snowshoes. Explorer Robert Peary used Dunham snowshoes on his arctic explorations. Mellie Dunham was also a famous fiddler, performing for Henry Ford and on the Keith vaudeville circuit in 1925 and 1926.
About This Item
- Title: Mellie Dunham making snowshoes, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Norway
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 8.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.11763
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.