Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Highbrook Cottage was designed by William Ralph Emerson and built in 1881. The first owner was Mary (Mrs. James) Leeds of Boston. From 1925 it was owned by Mrs. A. M. Patterson, who was the daughter of Mrs. J. Madison Taylor of Philadelphia. The Cottage was on the Highbrook Road and burned during the Fire of 1947.
This information was found in the book Lost Bar Harbor.
About This Item
- Title: Highbrook Cottage, Bar Harbor, ca. 1920
- Creator: A. H. Bee's - Bar Harbor
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Bar Harbor
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: JML PC 18638
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Highbrook Cottage (Bar Harbor, Me.)--Photographs
- Vacation homes--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Dwellings--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Leeds, Mary--Homes and haunts--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Patterson, A.M.--Homes and haunts--Maine--Bar Harbor
- A. M. Patterson
- Highbrook Cottage
- Mary Leeds
- Summer Home
- Summer Residence
- Vacation Home
- William Ralph Emerson
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.