Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah F. Sanborn, studying at Kent's Hill, wrote to her father, Peter F. Sanborn, about the possibility of her younger sister also studying at Kent's Hill and about the family's enduring much death and disease. She consoles her father about the death of her brother, Joseph.
About This Item
- Title: Sarah Sanborn letter on death, disease, 1862
- Creator: Sanborn, Sarah F.
- Creation Date: 1862-10-24
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Augusta, Kents Hill
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/3
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.