Peter F. Sanborn letter concerning diphtheria deaths, 1862
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Peter F. Sanborn of East Readfield wrote to his daughter Sarah, away at school, about the death of a neighbor's child and an apparent outbreak of diphtheria in the area.
- Title: Peter F. Sanborn letter concerning diphtheria deaths, 1862
- Creator: Sanborn, Peter F.
- Creation Date: 1862-05-15
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/3
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.