Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Ammi Rhuhammah Quint (1783-1826), general storekeeper of Parsonfield, and Newington, New Hampshire, used this ledger to keep track of his credits for work and the debts he owed. This illustration of ships appeared on the cover page. Like many yeomen of the period, he was resourceful and able to do various kinds of work from bricklaying, to shoe making, house painting, and farm work.
Ammi was son of Joseph Quint and Catherine Brasbridge of Newington, N.H. He married Mary Towle.
About This Item
- Title: Drawings from Ammi Quint account book, Parsonsfield, 1803
- Creator: Quint, Ammi R.
- Creation Date: circa 1803
- Subject Date: circa 1803
- Town: Newington, Parsonsfield
- County: Rockingham, York
- State: ME, NH
- Media: ink on paper, watercolor
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 32 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 952
- Collection: Ammi Ruhamah Quint account book
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.