Contributed by an individual through Pejepscot Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Lydia Jane (Noyes) Bradford of Turner wrote on August 2, 1864 to her sick husband, Philemon A. Bradford, who died "of disease" five days after the letter was written.
Philemon was at the Brattleboro, Vermont, Army Hospital. He enlisted as a private in Co. A, Maine 30th Infantry in 1863 and died August 7, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Lydia Jane Bradford to husband, Brattleboro Army Hospital, 1864
- Creator: Bradford, Lydia Jane
- Creation Date: 1864-08-02
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Brattleboro, Turner
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME, VT
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 7.5 cm
- Collection: Private
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot Historical Society
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bradford, Lydia Noyes--Correspondence
- Bradford, Philemon A.--Correspondence
- Bradford, Philemon A.--Health
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 30th (1864-1865)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.