Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Accomplished amateur photographer G. Herbert Whitney of Lewiston took this photo of Katahdin from Togue Pond. He and his wife, Emmie Bailey Whitney, traveled frequently to the Katahdin area where they hiked and climbed.
About This Item
- Title: Katahdin from Togue Pond, ca. 1932
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: circa 1932
- Subject Date: circa 1932
- Local Name: Baxter State Park
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. S-6196 Misc. Box 178/1
- Collection: Charlotte Millett photograph album
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.