Chaplin camera, ca. 1900
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
South Portland businessman Joseph Chaplin, a prolific amateur photographer, probably built this view camera. The large format alllowed more detail in photographic prints.
- Title: Chaplin camera, ca. 1900
- Creator: Chaplin, Joseph
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Wood, brass, leather, glass
- Dimensions (cm): 30 x 29 x 50
- Local Code: 2001.165.001 a-e
- Collection: Chaplin Family Collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.