Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Henry Withee and Horace Bailey at Chase's Carry along the Allagash in 1911.
After running -- rather than carrying -- Withee wrote, "If any person wishes to qualify as to endurance and skill, let him present an affidavit of having gone through Chases Carry without mishap. I believe there is no equal stretch of rough going in Maine."
About This Item
- Title: Chase's Carry, 1911
- Creator: Withee, Henry L.
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1955, Box 1/2 (#66)
- Collection: Henry L. Withee collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Allagash Region (Me.)--Description and travel
- Allagash River (Me.)--Photographs
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway (Me.)
- Bailey, Horace A.--Travel
- Withee, Henry L.--Travel
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.