Library, University of Maine, Orono, ca. 1930
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Carnegie Hall library was built in 1903 at the University of Maine, Orono. Andrew Carnegie, who funded libraries across the country did not usually give to college libraries, but made a personal donation of $50,000 for this building.
It was used as a library until 1947.