Letter from Martha Washington to Mrs. Warren, 1789
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Martha Washington wrote to a Mrs. Warren from New York in December 1789. She describes being first lady as "my new and unwished for situation."
- Title: Letter from Martha Washington to Mrs. Warren, 1789
- Creator: Washington, Martha Custis
- Creation Date: 1789-12-26
- Subject Date: 1789
- Town: Washington
- State: DC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420, Box 46/2
- Collection: Fogg, John Samuel Hill autograph collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.