Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Henry Withee wrote an account of a canoe trip from Greenville to Fort Kent that he and his friend, Horace Bailey, took in July 1911.
Withee, a native of Blanchard, was a lawyer in Rockport at the time of the trip. Bailey, also a Maine native, lived near Boston in 1911.
The diary is a typewritten account, complete with photographs.
About This Item
- Title: Allagash trip diary, 1911
- Creator: Withee, Henry L.
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- County: Aroostook, Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, photographs
- Local Code: Coll. 1955
- Collection: Henry L. Withee collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.