Contributed by Nordica Memorial Association
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
At the Metropolitan in New York, on February 4, 1898, opera singer Lillian Nordica added another to her list of great roles; she sang the Brunnhilde of Die Walkure for the first time on any stage. Lillian was born in Farmington in 1857.
About This Item
- Title: Lillian Nordica as Brunnhilde, 1898
- Creator: Aime Dupont, 574 Fifth Ave., New York
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Town: Farmington, New York
- County: Franklin, New York
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: Parlor album
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Nordica Memorial Association
16 Nordica Lane, Farmington, ME 04938
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Publicity photographs
- Nordica, Lillian, 1857-1914--Performances
- Metropolitan Opera
- New England Conservatory
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.