Sarah F. Sanborn letter to Peter Sanborn, 1857
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah F. Sanborn, age 14, away at school in Auburn, wrote to her father, Peter F. Sanborn of East Readfield. She comments on attending the sensational Knight murder trial in Auburn and her sense of how the trial is going.
Sarah and her father frequently wrote to one another. She was born in 1843 and died in 1927 in Pasadena, California.
- Title: Sarah F. Sanborn letter to Peter Sanborn, 1857
- Creator: Sanborn, Sarah F.
- Creation Date: 1857-03-06
- Subject Date: 1857
- Town: Auburn, Readfield
- County: Androscoggin, Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/1
- Collection: Sanborn Family Collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.