Contributed by an individual through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Dave Glovsky of Portland (1909-1997) was known as "Dave the Guesser." He operated a popular guessing booth at Palace Playland at Old Orchard Beach from 1945 to the 1990s.
Glovsky guessed various personal facts about visitors, such as age, weight, make of car, or brand of cigarette. If he guessed incorrectly, he gave the customer a small prize.
About This Item
- Title: Dave the Guesser Glovsky, Old Orchard Beach, 1958
- Creation Date: 1958
- Subject Date: 1958
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Amusement parks--Maine-Old Orchard Beach
- Business enterprises--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Curiosities & wonders--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Divination--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Fortune telling--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Glovsky, Dave, 1909-1997--Photographs
- Palace Playland (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Signs (Notices)--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Street entertainers--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.