Contributed by Longfellow National Historic Site
Anne Longfellow Pierce, sister of poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, sits in the parlor of the Wadsworth-Longfellow House on Congress Street in Portland in about 1890.
Pierce, whose husband died after three years of marriage, lived in the house as a child and for the duration of her life after her husband's death in 1835.
About This Item
- Title: Anne Longfellow Pierce, Portland, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 9.02.026
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Longfellow National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Pierce, Anne Longfellow, 1810-1901--Photographs
- Maine Historical Society--History
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)--Interiors
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.