West New Portland Village, ca. 1905
A view of the village of New Portland, known locally as West New Portland, circa 1905. At center, a man stands on the bridge over Lemon Stream as a woman in a buggy approaches. To the right stands a mill on the stream, possibly the carding and novelty mill operated by W.W. Jordan, one of several mills in operation in the village at this time.