Farm House at Montpelier, ca. 1865
This stereo view was taken by photographer E.C. Fernald, probably from the roof of Montpelier, General Henry Knox's mansion in Thomaston. The shadow of one of the mansion's chimneys is visible on the corner of the brick building.
This L-shaped brick building was known as the farm house, and probably housed many of the workers from Knox's estate. It was built about the same time as the mansion, about 1794.
This building is the only extant structure of the Knox estate, and today houses the Thomaston Historical Society.