Contributed by Eastern Maine Medical Center
A nurse is shown checking the vital signs of a patient taking in some fresh air on the bank of the Penobscot River outside Eastern Maine General Hospital on State Street in Bangor.
The Penobscot River and dam by the Bangor Waterworks are visible in the background. EMGH began as Bangor General Hospital in 1892 and in was granted a charter as Eastern Maine General Hospital in 1897.
This snapshop is from the personal album of Rose Searles, who graduated from EMGHs Nurses School in 1908.
About This Item
- Title: Nurse with patient, Eastern Maine General Hospital, ca. 1908
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobdcot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 11 cm
- Collection: Rose Searles
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Eastern Maine Medical Center
489 State Street, PO Box 404, Bangor, ME 04401-0404
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (Bangor, Me.)--People
- Sick persons--Maine--Bangor
- Eating & drinking
- Bangor General Hospital
- Bangor Hospital
- Bangor Waterworks
- Eastern Maine General Hospital
- Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
- Eastern maine Medical center
- Penobscot River
- Vital Signs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.