Stodder Laboratory, Eastern Maine General Hospital, ca. 1923
In 1923, Eastern Maine General Hospital on State Street in Bangor opened a new pathology building, constructed for $40,000. It was a gift of George T. Stodder.
Other new developments at the hospital that year were a new electrically-operated elevator in its Surgical Building, a "modern" laundry, and new power plant "with adequate coal pocket."