Abraham Lincoln commendation to Adm. Foote, 1862
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Abraham Lincoln wrote a letter of commendation to Rear Admiral Andrew H. Foote conveying the appreciation of the Joint Sessions of Congress for Foote's "eminent services and gallantry at Fort Henry, Fort Donelson, and Island Number Ten, while in command of the Naval forces of the United States."
The letter was dated August 1, 1862.
- Title: Abraham Lincoln commendation to Adm. Foote, 1862
- Creator: Lincoln, Abraham
- Creation Date: 1862-08-01
- Subject Date: 1862
- State: TN
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 420, Box 46/
- Collection: Fogg, John Samuel Hill autograph collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.