Hapco Farms potato bag, Fort Fairfield, ca. 1975
Contributed by Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
Hapco Farms 20-pound potato bag. Hapco Farms was located in Fort Fairfield, Riverhead, New York; Hightstown, New Jersey; Elizabeth City, North Carolina; and Atlantic, Virginia.
In the 1940s, potato farmers started packaging their potatoes in distinctive bags. The wide variety of bags illustrates the strong interest in distinctive marketing efforts that is still evident today.
- Title: Hapco Farms potato bag, Fort Fairfield, ca. 1975
- Creation Date: circa 1975
- Subject Date: circa 1975
- Town: Atlantic, Elizabeth, Fort Fairfield, Hightstown, Riverhead
- County: Aroostook, Bladen, Mercer, Suffolk
- State: ME, NC, NJ, NY, VA
- Media: paper
- Dimensions (cm): 62 x 21
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
1678 U.S. Route 1, Littleton, ME 04730
(207) 538-9604 (Debbie)
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.