Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and his dog Trap, 1864-65
Contributed by Longfellow National Historic Site
The Longfellow family had many pets, but the "the last and greatest of all the dogs was Trap; Trap the Scotch Terrier, Trap the polite, the elegant, sometimes on account of his deportment called Turneydrop, sometimes Louis the Fourteenth" wrote Longfellow.
- Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and his dog Trap, 1864-65
- Creator: Warren, George Kendall
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- Town: Cambridge
- County: Middlesex
- State: MA
- Media: albumen photograph, carte de visite
- Dimensions (cm): 9.5 x 5.3
- Local Code: LONG 27888 (3007.001/002.001 item 23)
- Collection: Longfellow Family Photographs
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Longfellow National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.