Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
This image shows the construction of the new dam at Estes Privilege in Sanford.
Estes Lake is part of Alfred and Sanford. The lake was created in the late 1800s as part of the Mousam River upgrades, which included dams at both the westerly and easterly ends.
About This Item
- Title: Construction of the New Dam at Estes Lake, Sanford, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Sanford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Print from Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 19.15 cm x 24.3 cm
- Local Code: A140
- Collection: Index to the Glass Negatives
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
P. O. Box 276 505 Main Street, Springvale, ME 04083
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.