Contributed by South Portland Historical Society
A record shows Albert H. Small's payments of pledge to the Cape Elizabeth Soldiers and Sailors Monument Association.
The funds were paid for materials and labor to construct the monument.
The monument is located on the corner of Mitchell Road and Cottage Road, South Portland. It was completed in the summer of 1896 and dedicated on May 29, 1897.
Edward C. Reynolds, whose name is crossed out, was the president of the monument association.
About This Item
- Title: Pledge to Cape Elizabeth Soldiers and Sailors Monument Association
- Creator: Cape Elizabeth Soldiers and Sailors Monument Association
- Creation Date: 1897-07-01
- Subject Date: 1897-07-01
- Local Name: Meeting House Hill
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: paper
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 21 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:South Portland Historical Society
55 Bug Light Park, South Portland, ME 04106
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.