Longfellow Farm, Gorham, 1903
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Longfellow Farm in Gorham was occupied first by Stephen Longfellow II and then by his son, Judge Stephen Longfellow III. Judge Longfellow had hundreds of elms set out on his 500 acres in 1787. Stephen III was the grandfather of poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, who often visited his grandparents at the farm.