Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Members of the Brushians, a Portland-based painting group, are, from left, George Frederick Morse (1834-1926), Frank Louville Bowie (1856-1936), John T. Wood (1845-1919), and John Calvin Stevens (1855-1940). The group frequently traveled to islands or coastal locations to paint.
About This Item
- Title: Brushians painting trip, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Series D, Box 31/17
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens architectural drawings and records collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.